Sunday, November 3, 2013

What Does it Mean to be a Good Person?

How can you and I define a good person? How can I look at someone and judge their character to be good or bad? Is it possible? I don't think so. I believe whole heartedly that there is a chunk of good and a chunk of bad in every person. While I do believe that, I don't believe that it HAS to be that way. Take Christ for example, he was perfect in every way. And yet he still faced a chunk of bad. Now before you rip my head off because I said Christ had the bad too, keep reading. I know that he had temptations of bad things, I know that because I am tempted to do bad things. He atoned for me. He bled from every pore. He felt every sorrow, pain, affliction, and temptation I and you have ever felt. He had those afflictions. Yet he did not let them affect him. That is the most amazing example we could ever have. That is how we can decipher a good person. By saying this, I am not saying to go and judge everyone according to their likeness of Christ. We should start with ourselves. I know personally that I want nothing more than to be a good person, and so I know I must make the choice to be a good person. I have a chunk of bad in me. I am tempted every day to not be good. The choice is mine. I can choose I let the bad affect me or I can choose to let the good outshine the bad. That's how I can be a good person, I just need to look and seek and do all the good I can. Hmm pretty simple I guess.     

No comments:

Post a Comment