Thursday, January 23, 2014

Why is life so hard?

Life is awful. Painful. Troubling. Confusing. Terrifying. Great. Yes, great. I know it's hard to think about. If life has all of these challenges and difficulties, what's great about it? 

Let me tell you, no matter how hard life is you are breathing. 

You have lungs to breath, a heart to keep blood flow, and a brain to think. You have so much. So even when life is hard, remember it's not impossible. 

I know this can be hard to digest. Some of us have family and friends who may be broken. Their brain heart and lungs may not work, but for some reason they are still here. That's because they are loved, not only that but they have a magnified ability to love. Never once in my entire life have I met someone who had a disability and a hate towards life. Why? Because when something is taken away from us, it's easier to see how great it was, and how great other things are. Why is life hard? Because if it wasn't why would we need love? Why would we need to be happy? If nothing ever happened to make us sad, nothing would ever happen for us to rejoice in. No matter what belief we have, I believe that if every human honestly looked inside of them they would see the benefits that came from the trials that left scars on their hearts. Everyone of us, if we truley looked, can see the blessings and lessons that came from struggles. I think we can all agree that there is hope through hard times. When we get hurt, if we think "what do I need to take from this?" Instead of "why?" Life won't be so hard. 

With this in mind, I want to speak directly to you. Whether you've accepted it or are still working through I know your hurting. Please don't give up. My best friend posted this quote: "Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead." Elder Jefferey R. Holland. Don't you see? This isn't it. It's not the end, keep going! You can do this! There is love all around you. There are lessons you've learned! Look at them, apply them. You know what's right. You can't deny the right inside of you. Do what is right. Keep walking. If you need get on your knees. Christ, he'll help you back up. But please, please don't fall down. Don't turn to the wrong thing because it's hard. Do what you know is best. Remember it will get better. You are loved. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment