Sunday, August 5, 2012

Whats the big deal with school?

So here we are. Summers over, and school is giving us a death stare straight in our tiny human eyes. Great. Now what I'm trying to understand is why all the commotion? Its the same thing every year. Stores use it as an oppurtunity to make money. Parents get excited over the free daycare. Kids rebell and soak in the last few days of freedom. We all get so worked up, over what? Sitting in a room all day while a teacher tries their hardest to make an imprint in our brains? I dont understand why we all rush to the store to get school supplies, or why we all get new haircuts and clothes to look better! Maybe I can understand the parents point of being excited, but really students? Come on! Is it really that big of a deal if your still not miss popullar? I can sit here and tell you that honestly I dont care! Think what you must of me, but I dont need the latest fashions to make friends. I dont need to listen to the new coolest song and know all  the lyrics. I dont need to get a hair cut or shrink to a size zero. People may pretend to like eachother because of those things. But I think that the people who REALLY like you and decide to be your friend, aren't going to do it because you have the cutest purse ever. Genuine people will like you because you are you! No one else is like you! Thats as awesome and as special as it gets! So, while everyone else is trying to put on a show for the first day of school, I'm going to gladly sit back and be me. I will treat the first day of school just like any other day, no pretending or putting on shows.

2 comments: