Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why do humans permanently mark their bodies?

Whats the point of getting a tattoo or crazy multiple piercings or other things like that? What does it do for you? Look good for a couple of years? What about when you get old and wrinkly and that pretty tattoo with the heart turns into a butt because your skin is sagging everywhere. And those three inch wide gages?! How does your ear not rip? The pain! Why? What is it worth? Why do we purposely scar our bodies? I don't understand. This question is one that I can never answer for myself. Oh well, its their body, let them do with it that they want. They must like it.

2 comments:

  1. Are the additions, statements?, a uniform? Do those that get the "art work" think consider themselves enhanced and more beautiful. Is really being individual being more a uniform? The choices of youth are sometimes regretted, this just makes the choice forever. I like the natural beauty that girls were born with, I think a smile sets a better expression of ones self than a canvas of body art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so true!!! I love that so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete